F1 News: Sergio Perez Celebrates First Career Pole As Hamilton Disappoints
Sergio Perez of the Red Bull team has bagged himself pole position at the 2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix tomorrow with a lap time of 1.28.200.
Following an eventful weekend so far with the missile attack nearby on Friday, Lewis Hamilton getting knocked out of qualifying in Q1, and Mick Schumacher’s major crash, Ferrari had great performance during the final session of qualifying but Sergio Perez took the pole position for Red Bull in the last few seconds.
Following Perez, starting second tomorrow is last week’s winner Charles Leclerc, whose lap time was only 0.025 seconds off Perez. Carlos Sainz will sit third on the grid meaning two Ferraris in the top three. Max Verstappen sits fourth with Esteban Ocon in fifth.
Top 10 grid lineup for 2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix:
- Sergio Perez, Red Bull1:28.200
- Charles Leclerc, Ferrari +0.025
- Carlos Sainz, Ferrari +0.202
- Max Verrstappen, Red Bull +0.261
- Esteban Ocon, Alpine +0.868
- George Russell, Mercedes +0.904
- Fernando Alonso, Alpine +0.947
- Valtteri Bottas, Alfa Romeo +0.983
- Pierre Gasly, Alpha Tauri +1.054
- Kevin Magnussen, Haas +1.388